Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Loving Leh

I have been in Leh for almost a week, and I love it. The people are kind, the scenery is beautiful, and the atmosphere is relaxed. I stay at a great guesthouse with a very nice Ladahki family. I am spending my time watching cultural performances, going to polo matches, reading and doing short treks up to local stumpas and gompas.

I have been spending my time in Leh with some interesting people. These people include: 4 Dutch girls that are in India to volunteer at a school for mentally handicapped children, a Swiss couple in India to do ski mountaineering, and a 40 year old British man who has been living in India for 15 years following different religious gurus around the country. And of the 50, or so, travelers I have met in India, I have yet to meet another American. Hmmm.

Anyway, I am leaving Leh tomorrow morning, and heading to the Nubra Valley. I am going with the Dutch crew and plan on staying 2-4 days. Sorry for not uploading photos, but they will be uploaded as soon as I get to Manali.

No comments: