Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Rat Attack

Rats are a common sight in the streets of Mumbai. They are huge, relatively brazen, and all over the place. The rats are actually as large, if not larger, then most of the stray cats. Luckily, the place I am staying is on the fourth floor of a building, and is the cleanest of the three places I have stayed in India, making it an unlikely habitat for rats.

A few nights ago, one of the Australians got bit on his chest while sleeping, and claimed it was a rat. I thought it was possible, but unlikely. Last night, I returned from my Bollywood shoot around 1am, and was walking down the hall to our room when a pretty huge (say 5-10 pounds) rat runs out of our room, literally stares me down, and then runs in to another room. Although I was not happy to see that the Aussie-biting rat exists, I was happy to see he has moved to another room. Just moments later in our bathroom, where I have to use my flashlight, I spotted another rat slipping in to the crack in the wall.

At that point I decided to take the necessary precautions to avoid getting bit by rabies-infested rat. I moved to a top bunk.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to take further precautions against rat attacks. Please consider full body armor.

Anonymous said...

Maybe if you would have have killed some roaches instead of leaving them for me it would have prepared you better for the rats.