Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Bollywood, Take 2

I had my second Bollywood acting gig last night. This time I played the role of ‘Well-Dressed Fan #5.’ Well-Dressed Fan #5 is metropolitan elite who attends all the big events, like book singings. He stands on the edge of the red carpet. He claps and cheers when celebrities drive up and walk the red carpet.



Although, this one didn’t seem as high budget as my last production, I got a lot more face time on the camera, which should be good for my acting portfolio. I went to this shoot with my Isreali buddy Tamir and a bunch of the people from France. We all had a good time and the 80 minute cab ride took us through parts of Mumbai I had never seen before, which was a nice.

3 comments:

WillOdom said...

well dressed!It must be fiction if you were playing that part! Just kidding.. partially. Perhaps you could suggest a more appropriate role next time, such as seedy--gold chain wearing--pool shark #2 or corrupt baptist televangelist #16. Either way, keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Dave, you need to find a good agent - sounds like fun - Dad

Boka said...

holy hell your a total bollywood actor now. btw what is the name of the movie? i will look for you when i see it on my 24 inch tv screen a year from now. ha. have you watch any movies in the indian theaters yet? if not - i really really recommend the experience.
How much hindi have you learnt?! good god i am oozing with questions! now i feel like im dating the wrong dave... ha!
anyway i hope you keep having a wonderful time. i am so envious i can't even tell you. What i would give to have some road side 'gol gappas' or 'chaat' or enjoy a long train ride with the old stale smell of sweat and savor every sip of tea from little tiny clay cups provided at your cabin window by little boys on every station.