Sunday, May 27, 2007

A (Bollywood) Star is Born

On Saturday, I was an extra in a Bollywood movie. The producers needed white and black people to be movie extras, because the movie is set in South Africa. A French girl, 3 New Zealanders, and I were recruited from our hostel and were paid 500 rupees. I was ‘Office Worker #2.’ Office Worker #2 is an intelligent office worker in a hideous blue-green suit whose work consists of talking to one woman at her computer, picking up a document, and bringing it to another woman. I nailed it.



My mind-blowing acting landed me long-term acting gig. They wanted me to be a reoccurring character in another movie that was being shot Hydrabad & Mumbai. I would have to work 1 month. They offered me 1200 rupees a day, plus room and board. It was tempted, and acting was pretty fun, but I would rather see the Himilayas then act in a Bollywood film for a month. Maybe next time.

6 comments:

the hoosier twinkie said...

YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE MOVIE!!!!

Shruti Bhandari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

We will mob you for an autograph when you come back!

I will never get a chance to be in a Bollywood movie and you silly goose, you are already in there.

Anonymous said...

I bought a suit just like that yesterday! – Dad

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, in some moments I can reveal that I acquiesce in with you, but you may be considering other options.
to the article there is even now a suspect as you did in the downgrade issue of this beg www.google.com/ie?as_q=norton antivirus 2007 vista com. + 10 yrs sub ?
I noticed the utter you have not used. Or you use the black methods of helping of the resource. I suffer with a week and do necheg