Thursday, July 12, 2007

Pet Update - 2 New Additions!!!

Little Sam Shoulders Has A New Friend
It appears that I now have 2 lizards living in my room, not 1. This confirms, as many of you hypothesized, that the noise he was making was a mating call. Very romantic.

Little Sam Shoulders and his new friend.




An Uninvited Guest
A small goat was outside my room hiding among the bikes from the security guards, who chase animals away from the hostels with sticks. He was very cute, so I took some pictures and edged closer so I could pet him. He was very afraid at first, but he warmed up quickly.




I turn around and go back to my room to read. Next thing I know, the little guy is trotting in to my bedroom like he owns the place.



He puts his head in my bag, climbs under my bed, goes in to my closet, and I am pretty sure he would have jumped on to my bed if it were not for the mosquito net.





We hung out for awhile, and then we decided to take some 'family photos.' I wanted to take normal smiling photos, but he had other plans.




First, he wanted a serious photo, because c'mon this is IIT, one of India's most prestigious universities. I agreed.



Then things got a little crazier. We decided to do a 'surprised' photo. I don't think we did too good of a job with this one.



Then we did an angry yelling face. I was not that intense, but he was going wild.



Then he asked me to kiss him.



He hung out in my room for awhile as I read, but when I went to bed I had to kick him out. I wanted him to stay, but I didn't want to close the door while he was in my room and have the IIT people think I am kidnapping their goat. I could imagine the repercussions:

Job Interview 1 Year From Now
Potential Employer: So, I see you did a research project at IIT last summer, how did that turn out?
Me: Well, I never actually finished the research. I had to leave before I finished.
Potential Employer: Leave? Why would you do that?
Me: I was accused of trying to kidnap a goat.






In the end, the goat would not leave and I physically had to carry him out of the room. He spent the night sleeping against my door until the security guard chased him away in the morning. I am pretty sure he will be back tonight and I have to figure out a name for him. Suggestions are welcome. Anyone have good name ideas?


5 comments:

Unknown said...

In keeping with the theme of naming your pets after friends I have a suggestion. What about Wodem or Will in commemoration of Will's wonderful mountain climbing skills from spring break.

Jamie

Anonymous said...

Nash?

Witte said...

He looks sort of like an Ichabod.

Anonymous said...

wow.... Sam Shoulders, who's the lucky woman?

Anonymous said...

haha, very cute post, dproyer!