Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Gigantic Spider

I have finally made it to IIT Guwahati and am now beginning my research. The place is nice, and I will post more information and photos later. More urgently, I have just had a run in with the biggest spider I think I have seen in my entire life (zoos included). It was literally the size of a dinner plate. And thick. I bet he weighed 5 pounds.

I was leaving the lab to go to the bathroom and in the outdoor corridor I saw something big and black out of the corner of my eye. I turn and see this monster spider running down the wall next to me, lodging himself between me and the bathroom. He didn't seem afraid. I was afraid. At this point I decided to use a different bathroom. My heart is still pounding. I didn't have my camera, but if I see him again I will try to take a picture.

On the plus side, this huge spider makes the cockroaches and lizards in my hostel's bathroom insignificant.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave - viewed your blogsite. Looks like a once in a lifetime experience. We will follow your amazing adventures, and can't wait to hear all obout your trip whan you return to the USofA.
The Daltons

Anonymous said...

Dave,
If the Giant Spider met the Aussie Bitting Rat who would win?
Uncle Rich