Sunday, July 8, 2007

IIT Guwahati Campus

IIT Guwahati is located outside the city of Guwahati, which is in the north-East Indian state of Assam. The city itself is nondescript and dirty. Guwahati also has frequent bombings and kidnappings by the separatist group ULFA. Needless to say, I don't plan on spending a whole lot of time in the city.

The IIT campus is across the Brahmaputra River from Guwahati and is much more peaceful. I am staying in the graduate student hostel. It is similar to a U.S. dorm except that all of the hallways and stairways are outside. Overall, it is a nice environment and I have befriended a bunch of guys in my hostel. My office is air conditioned and pleasant, aside from the giant spider that lurks outside the door.

Below are some photos from IIT Guwahati:


My hostel.



My room.




View out front door of my room.



View from my room's back porch.






A few stray dogs by another hostel.



Lake.



Academic building where my office is located.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! what an idea ! What a concept ! Beautiful .. Amazing …